NEW 5th EDITION BOOK
The industry standard reference guide
This latest copy of the Guide features a number of upgraded and improved features, from various world famous manufacturers:
- Modernized cover design with Blue coloured background.
- Titles described in 5 languages : “English”, “Spanish”, “Chinese”, Russian” and “Japanese”.
- Visual product group indexes on category cover pages.
- Some categories which contain a wide variety of products have Code Index in the beginning of each category for all the code numbers belonging to the category, so that users can easily reach the page where the code number is located. Category : 17 / 21 / 23 / 33 / 37 / 39 / 47 / 59 / 65 / 75 / 79 / 81
- Added Provision code list.
New items including:
- Code 21 Rope & Hawsers : Newly developed Mooring Hawsers from various manufacturers. For example, Dyneema ropes, Polyester and Polypropylene Composite Ropes.
- Code 25 Marine Paint : TBT (Tribulytin) Free Anti-fouling Paint which protects the marine environment.
- Code 33 Safety Equipment : IMO Symbols and Safety Signs have been updated according to the latest recommendations of IMO. In addition, Pyrotechnics, Gas Detectors and Respirators have been updated.
- Code 37 Nautical Equipment : Headband Type Communication System and Ear Muff Type Communication System have been added. Nautical Publications and Flags have been updated.
- Code 39 Medicine : The latest “List of Recommended Medicines and Equipment by International Medical Guide for Ships – Third Edition (W.H.O.) has been added. Appendix 14 Medical First Aid Guide (List of Medicines and Equipment) (W.H.O.) has been added.
- Code 59 Pneumatic & Electrical Tools : The latest Deck Scalers and Hand Scalers have been added from various manufacturers. Ventilation Fans and Diaphragm Pumps have been updated.
- Code 61 Hand Tools : Various Pliers have been added from a German manufacturer.
- Code 65 Measuring Tools : Electronic Digital Thermometers and Temperature Sensors have been added. Pressure Gauges filled with Glycerine and Exhaust Gas Thermometers have been updated with detailed descriptions and new code numbers.
- Code 69 Screws & Nuts : Hexagon Head Bolts have been updated with new code numbers divided by materials and sizes. So, you can pick out necessary bolt size by 6 digits code numbers from the code table without typing full descriptions.
- Code 75 Valves & Cocks : DIN and ANSI Valves have been updated with pictures of each valve in addition to their drawings. Flow Switches for Water or Oil have been added.
- Code 79 Electrical Equipment : Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs which reduce energy consumption and prevent greenhouse gas emission, and LED Flashlights (Energy Saving) have been added. Fire safe and environmentally-friendly Halogen-free Covered Cables have been added.
- Security Goods : ISPS Code Signs & Security Signs, Barrier Tapes, Security Sealing Tapes, Security Seals and Camera Monitoring Systems have been added.
The IMPA Marine Stores Guide features illustrations, specifications, product information and comparison tables for major manufacturers, it provides a reference for an item and not the quality in the way a product catalogue does.
With over 39,000 codes, the IMPA Marine Stores Guide is the world’s leading reference guide for maritime purchasing and supply.
The Marine Stores Guide, in its various forms has been in circulation since 1978 and during that time more than 70,000 copies have been printed. The unique 6-digit code, which is used to identify a product, has remained consistent throughout production, which makes every issue usable even today.
The new 5th edition, which has just been released, has been updated to include more than 3,900 items and 39,000 codes. Russian name has been added to product titles and a provisions code has been included as well. The IMPA Marine Stores Guide is widely used on board ship as well as by suppliers and purchasers in office locations around the world.
The IMPA Marine Stores Guide 5th Edition is priced at €190 and available through a network of international distributors, it is also available from IMPA in the UK on telephone: +44 (0)1206 798900.